Updated November 15th, 2022
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Policy – TheDenominator, Inc. (“Denominator”).
Denominator is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.
We know that bringing together our diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is the only way to achieve our company’s vision. But, more importantly we seek DEI in all aspects of our business because it is the right thing to do. Success is nothing if achieved in wrong ways.
Our human capital is our most valuable asset. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work, represents a significant part of our culture, our reputation and our company’s achievements.
We embrace and encourage differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Denominator has already achieved gender parity in our team. In order to further strive for a balanced composition, we are setting the following goals:
- Gender parity in board and senior management by 2024.
- Balanced race/ethnicity board and senior management by 2025.
- An age-diverse board and senior management team by 2025.
Denominator’s DEI initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to all our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of diversity equity, that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- An understanding that no one is perfect, and we approach mistakes with empathy. People cannot be expected to not make mistakes, only to learn from the mistakes made.
- Respect for people’s time. More money can be made, but time can never be re-gained. We are grateful for time spent by employees, partners or anyone interacting in a positive manner with Denominator.
All employees of Denominator have a responsibility to treat others with dignity, and respect the diversity of all people while creating an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying. All employees are required to enhance their awareness of potential unconscious bias and how that might hinder our ability to be inclusive and collaborative with one another.
Any employee found to have exhibited any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others may be subject to disciplinary action. Employees who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with the company’s DEI policy and initiatives should seek assistance from any manager or contact HR.
We can only succeed together as a team, which is why feedback and input to this DEI policy as well as any DEI related matter is encouraged.