Are you a master’s student in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics? And do you want hands on experience with backend services development and process improvement in a global start-up? Then you have the opportunity to be part of Denominator’s tech team along with five experienced colleagues.
Denominator is the leading Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) data provider globally, and we are looking for one tech intern to join our team with start in February 2023. We work with companies, investment platforms, financial market participants, and consultancies. Our main activities are in the US and Europe, especially the Nordic, and we speak and participate at international conferences such as COP27, UN General Assembly etc.
Tech is crucial to our business, and your tasks will be a mix of developing new features and supporting existing functionality, with good possibilities of shaping the internship in the direction that you find most interesting.
Denominator currently have 30+ employees across the world and our people represent more than 10+ nationalities. We work across several time zones and are fully remotely, which offers high flexibility and requires strong skills of self-management. We are a company that values both professional and personal development and as an intern, you will be an important and integrated part of the team.
Examples of work tasks
- Participating in full release cycle of backend services development
- DevOps process improvement (dashboard, service health monitoring)
- Data import and export operations
- Master’s student in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- .NET 5 (or higher) + C#
- Relational databases and SQL
- Good grasp of OOP principles
- Knowledge of testing tools and methodologies (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing etc.)
- At least B2 level of spoken and written English language
It is an advantage if you have
- AWS, MS Azure or Google cloud experience
- Docker experience
- Kubernetes, Terraform or OpenShift experience
- CI/CD experience of any kind
- Located in Europe or in a time zone within +/-8 hours from CET
Why you should apply for an internship at Denominator
- Be part of a global and fast-growing start-up with the possibility to shape the internship in the direction you find most interesting
- Firsthand experience with developing and new technology
- High flexibility as we work remotely
- You will work closely with experienced colleagues
The internship is full time for six months with start in February 2023. The exact start and end date is flexible. Please send your application, CV, and other relevant documents to email@example.com as soon as possible and at the latest Friday November 25th. We will review candidates on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions regarding the internship or Denominator, please contact our Content Manager, Emma Helbo.
Denominator provides fact-based data and standards to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) across organizations, industries, and countries to enable a more balanced world for growth and improved human interaction. Denominator covers more than 1.5 million public and private companies, 85+ industries, and 190+ countries on 650+ DEI specific data variables. The data and analytical insights drive the most comprehensive DEI rating models and indexes, creating the global standard for measuring DEI performance.