We are proud to announce that Denominator is now a Generation Equality Commitment Maker, focusing on equality through technology and innovation.
The initiate on technology & Innovation for Gender Equality seeks to
- By 2026, reduce by half the gender digital divide across generations by accelerating meaningful access to digital technologies and universal digital literacy.
- By 2026, increase investments toward feminist technology and innovation by 50% to support women’s leadership as innovators and better respond to women and girls’ most pressing needs.
- By 2026, double the proportion of women working in technology and innovation by setting up new networks and benchmarks to transform innovation ecosystems.
- By 2026, a majority of counties and tech companies demonstrate accountability by implementing policies and solutions against online and tech facilitated GBV and discrimination.
We believe our work will contribute to improving gender equality by ensuring fact-based insights on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.
Denominator will focus on 3 key areas:
- Systematize and integrate the use of gender impact assessments in innovation processes, technology development, and policy making.
- Develop the use of disaggregated big data and gender relevant datasets to inform the creation of evidence-based solutions and better respond to women and girls’ needs.
- Create new datasets to monitor the representation of women and girls in technology and innovation.
The Generation Equality Forum involves innovative, multi-stakeholder partnerships, and is a once-in-a-decade opportunity to catalyze long-term change for women and girls around the world.
The Forum will deliver concrete results in six thematic areas:
- Gender-Based Violence
- Economic Justice & Rights
- Feminist Action for Climate Justice
- Bodily Autonomy and Sexual / Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR)
- Feminist Movements & Leadership
- Technology & Innovation for Gender Equality
Join us to #actforequal and make your organization’s commitment to gender equality here.