The FQ Equity Index provides a simple, free method of evaluating your industry and your company’s performance on diversity, equity, and inclusion. It’s one of the quickest ways to get a snapshot of your organization’s DEI health in relation to your industry, pinpoint the areas where change is needed and kickstart internal conversations.
Who is it for?
Whether you are an engaged employee interested in your company’s DEI performance or a human resources manager returning to check progress on your company’s ranking, the FQ Equity Index is amazingly simple and does most of the work for you. No data needs to be entered on your behalf.
How is it scored?
Similar to well-established financial indexes that rely on publicly available company data, the FQ Equity Index algorithm analyzes key DEI data points to score industries and more than 1.7 million individual companies. Rankings are on a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 representing the lowest score and 100 the highest.
The model relies on board, executive, and company level data across more than 12 DEI sub-dimensions including gender, race/ethnicity, age, education, nationality, disability, and sexuality.
How does it work?
- Head over to the FQ Equity Index. Either select the checkbox for the industry you are interested in OR enter it into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click “View Results” to see how your industry compares to others.
- Select “Check my own position against the industry performance” to see your company’s score. Note: At this point in the process, you will be required to register or sign in to an existing account.
- Once you have registered or signed into your account, search for your company in the database to reveal its score, the overall industry score, and the benchmark between industry and company in order to identify any potential gaps.
- Click the “Close the gaps” button to request a company report from The Female Quotient via email. The full report will include a breakdown of your company’s performance across race and ethnicity, age, sexuality, disability, family, education, and other DEI factors.
Visit the FQ Toolkit to see what other insights may be applicable for your business or passion projects. Sustainable progress requires a holistic approach. It’s one of the reasons we continue to develop and launch tools to help you evaluate various aspects of your business and where it stands on the equity spectrum. After you take a look at your score on the FQ Equity Index, be sure to take a deeper dive with the FQ’s other tools:
- Review your organization’s pay gap by using the Advancing Equality Calculator.
- Evaluate the diversity of speakers at your organization’s past events or plan your next event equitably with the Speaker Equity Assessor.
Get started with the FQ Equity Index now.
This is article is written by FQ Correspondent. You can find the original article here.